Stuart Brown Mortgage Services – Privacy Statement
It is important that you understand how the personal information you give us will be used.
Therefore, please read our short privacy notice below, please contact us with any questions.
Who looks after your personal information
Your personal information will be held by Stuart Brown Mortgage Services.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- To provide products and services, manage your relationship with us and comply with any laws or regulations we are subject to (for example the laws that prevent financial crime or the regulatory requirements governing the products we offer).
- For other purposes including improving our services, exercising our rights in relation to agreements and contracts and identifying products and services that may be of interest.
- To support us with the above we analyse the information we know about you and how you use our products and services
Who we share your personal information with:
Your personal information will be shared within companies that provide services to you or us (and successors) so that we and any other companies in our Group can look after your relationship with us. By sharing this information it enables us to better understand our customers’ needs, run accounts and policies, and provide products and services efficiently. This processing may include activities which take place outside of the European Economic Area. If this is the case we will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information.
Where we collect your personal information from:
We will collect personal information about you from a number of sources including:
- Most commonly this will be information you have given to us on application forms, when you talk to us in person, over the phone, by post or email or through the device you use and when new services are requested.
- Also, from the analysis of how you operate our products and services, including the frequency, nature, location, origin and recipients of any payments.
- From, or through, other organisations (for example financial institutions, credit reference agencies, insurance companies, retailers, comparison websites, social media and fraud prevention agencies).
- In certain circumstances, we may also use information about health or criminal convictions but we will only do this where allowed by law or if you give us your consent.
Do you have to give us your personal information?
We may be required by law, or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have, to collect certain personal information. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay us fulfilling these obligations or performing services.
What rights you have over your personal information?
The law gives you a number of rights in relation to your personal information including:
- The right to access the personal information we have about you. This includes information from application forms, statements, correspondence and call recordings (if made).
- The right to get us to correct personal information that is wrong or incomplete.
- In certain circumstances, the right to ask us to stop using or delete your personal information.
- From 25th may 2018 you will have the right to receive any personal information we have collected from you in an easily re-usable format when it’s processed on certain grounds, such as consent or for contractual reasons. You can also ask us to pass this information on to another organisation.
You can find out more about these rights and how you can exercise by contacting us.
Other individuals you have financial links with
We may also collect personal information about other individuals who you have a financial link with. This may include people who you have joint accounts or policies with such as your partner/spouse, dependents, beneficiaries or people you have commercial links to, for example other directors or officers of your company.
We will collect this information to assess any applications, provide the services requested and to carry out credit reference and fraud prevention checks.
How we use credit reference agencies
In order to process any application, we may supply your personal information to a lender/insurance company/other financial organisation who in turn may refer to a credit reference agencies (CRAs). They will give us information about you, such as about your financial history. Organisation do this to assess creditworthiness and product suitability, check your identity, manage your account, trace and recover debts and prevent criminal activity.
They/We may also continue to exchange information about you with CRAs on an ongoing basis, including about your settled accounts and any debts not fully repaid on time, information on funds going into the account, the balance on the account and, if you borrow, details of your repayments or whether you repay in full and on time. CRAs will share your information with other organisations, for example other organisations you ask to provide you with products and services. Your data will also be linked to the data of any joint applicants or other financial associates as explained above.
You can find out more about the identities of the CRAs, and the ways in which they use and share personal information, by contacting us. We can also provide you with details of how to obtain the information they hold about you by contacting us too i.e. how to get a copy of your credit file.
How we use fraud prevention agencies
The personal information we have collected from you and anyone you have a financial link with may be shared with fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance or employment. Further details of how your information will be used by us and these fraud prevention agencies, and your data protection rights, can be found by contacting us.
It is important that you understand how the personal information you give us will be used. Therefore, we strongly advise that you read our privacy notice above. Our contact details are available on our website (and below):
How you can contact us
If you have any questions or require more information about how we use your personal information please contact us using
You can also call us on 01525 877 650 or +44 1525 877650 from overseas.
If you feel we have not answered your questions Stuart Brown Mortgage Services has a Data Privacy Officer. Please use the contact details above and tell us you want to speak to our Data Privacy Officer.
Copies of our literature can be provided in large print or in other formats and additional assistance is available to any customer upon request.
If you have any special requirements please contact our customer service team on 01525 877650 or by email email@example.com
This notice was last updated in May 2018.
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up the repayments on your mortgage.